Satisfaction Guarantee Terms & Conditions
Your merchant offers Satisfaction Guarantee Coverage on items purchased from the store. If you are dissatisfied with a product purchased from a participating Satisfaction Guarantee merchant, you may be eligible to receive the benefits under this coverage.
In the event of a covered loss, the Insured can file a claim at claims.shopguarantee.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Insured must provide claim form, invoice from merchant, and any additional documents required by the claims adjuster to substantiate claim. Claim must be filed during the active Coverage Period.
Coverage begins the date purchase as indicated on your receipt or order confirmation, and is in effect for fifteen (15) days thereafter.
Company will pay the Insured, cost of goods, tax, and original shipping fees.
Purchases made from participating Merchant store in full should the Insured be dissatisfied with their purchase and the store will not accept the item for a return. The coverage offered is secondary to any other applicable insurance coverage or warranty made available to the Insured. In the event the coverage is secondary, coverage under this policy will be limited to the amounts not covered by any additional insurance or coverage offered.
The coverage has a limit of $250 for each certificate of coverage issued. A maximum of two (2) claims per cardholder in a twelve (12) month period. The Company will in no event pay an amount exceeding the purchase price of the item.
Items must be in its original state, undamaged, in good working condition and in its original packaging. Cost to ship item to Company if requested remains with the Insured.
Terms and Conditions
The following are the “Terms and Conditions” which govern the coverage and conditions of the Satisfaction Guarantee provided by OSIS, Inc. (Company).
1. Notice of Claim
A claim must be filed within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of purchase. Failure to notify Company within the required timeframe will result in the denial of the claim.
2. Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding anything in these Terms and Conditions to the contrary, the entire liability of either party to the other arising out of these Terms and Conditions shall be
limited to the amount actually paid to the Merchant, excluding any fees paid for this coverage.
3. Governing Law and Venue
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of California, exclusive of its choice of law rules, as such law applies to agreements between California residents entered into and to be performed within California, except as governed by federal law. Any controversy or claim arising out of or in any way connected with these Terms and Conditions or the Services Schedule, or the alleged breach thereof shall be brought in the state and federal courts located in the State of California. Each party waives any right it may have to assert the doctrine of forum non convenient or similar doctrine or to object to venue with respect to any proceeding brought in accordance with this paragraph.
4. The Insured agrees to INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS Insurer and Underwriters from any loss, liability, damage, or costs, including court costs and attorney fees that they may incur due to misreading, misunderstanding, and not following the coverage requirements as per this Insurer Insurance Certificate or as endorsed.
5. No Authority is granted to any agent or person to alter, waive, modify, or make representations on any provisions of this Certificate.
6. Any covered loss will be promptly paid to the Insured or their Assignee upon completion of an executed claim.
7. The Insured agrees to take any and all actions possible to minimize additional loss from any covered peril. Failure to mitigate additional loss resulting from negligence of the insured will void this certificate and coverage offered herein.
8. Upon payment of covered peril, the Company shall be subrogated to all rights of the Insured including whatever money or goods that may be recoverable. This payment excludes applicable deductible amounts corresponding to the claim settlement on account of said covered peril from any Merchant, Merchant Employee, Agent, or from any other person or corporation whatsoever. The Insured specifically covenants and agrees to aid the Insurer in all manners possible to aid in securing the reimbursement of said covered peril, if applicable. In the event the covered peril is a result of fraudulent activity from an employee of the Insured or cause of covered peril, the Insured will take action against the employee and not hold the Insurer liable for any claims associated with said activity.
Excluded from Coverage
Antiques, collectibles, damaged items, defective items, non-working items, jewelry, art, used items, customized items, special order or one of a kind items, any professional services, warranties, professional advice, tech support, animals, perishables, stored data (e.g. hard drive, dvd), motorized vehicles; automobiles, boats, aircraft, motorcycles, land, buildings, storage fees, delivery guarantees, indirect and direct damages resulting from
loss, negotiable notes, bullion, precious metals, precious stones, coins, currency, stamps or similar.
If the Insured refuses to supply any requested documentation by the adjuster within reason.
The Insured misrepresented or concealed any material facts or circumstances, false accounts with or without the intent to deceive, relating to the claim filed, be it prior or following the covered peril to the Insurer or Merchant.
ShopGuarantee coverage is administered by Online Shipping Insurance Services, Inc. #OG55434 and its Underwriters 3211 Cahuenga Blvd West, 2nd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90068